Algalithe – The robust algae
Algalithe is obtained from fossilized red macro-algae Phymatolithon calcareum, better known as Lithothamnion calcareum.
This micronized powder owns unique structure and composition offering multiple use in your formulations.
COSMOS approved ingredient
- Active (In vitro proven efficacy)
- Matifying agent
- Smooth abrasive powder
Algalithe mainly growth in Atlantic and in North sea, all along Brittany coasts.
When fossilized, this red algae turns to beige/brown colour and it is then harvest on the ocean floor, in specific areas.
Algale is sorted, dried and micronized in order to obtain an ultrafine (32μm) and pure powder.
Algalithe highly concentrate minerals, especially calcium and magnesium, under carbonate form. Algalithe contains more than 80 % of calcium carbonate, representing 33 % of pure calcium.
Algalithe is a multifunctional ingredient, that can be used in various way in your formulations:
• Natural alternative to terrestrial calcium carbonate or talc : smooth powdery feeling with water and oil absorption property
• Alternative to clays : mattifying and cation absorption capacity
• Absorbent, texturizing agent : thanks to microporous structure
• pH adjusting agent : thanks to soluble bicarbonate ions
• Smooth abrasive powder for scrub or tooth paste complementary to calcium carbonate in toothpaste
• Active with in vitro proven efficacy : positive action on global epidermic barrier strenghtness, to reinforce weakeness skins.
Choosing Nuwen is:
Resource traceability & encourage the local
Protection of our environment
Innovative solutions to enhance natural materials
Controlled production and maximum quality
Packaging adapted to your sales channels