Undaria pinnatifida, commonly known as wakame, is a large brown alga of the Alariaceae family. It is the most popular alga in Japanese and Korean cuisine because of its very tasty and not very seaweed-like taste.
Available in ORGANIC
- Sea vegetable
Undaria pinnatifida, commonly known as wakame, is a large brown seaweed of the Alariaceae family. It has a leaf-like blade (equivalent to a leaf for land plants) with a flat stipe (stem) running through the middle.
It grows in shallow waters and can grow up to 2 to 3 metres in length.
It is the most popular alga in Japanese and Korean cuisine due to its very tasty and not very seaweed-like taste.
Like sea spaghetti, sea lettuce, nori and dulse, wakame is one of the easiest algae to cook.
– Colour: green to brown
– Texture: crispyy, slightly viscous depending on the cooking process
– Taste: quite a strong oyster taste when raw, and once cooked its taste is very balanced and round.
DOSAGE: 1 to 2 g / day
Wakame can be eaten:
– Raw (in salads) as well as cooked or grilled
– As an accompaniment to a wide variety of dishes such as pasta, savoury pies, risottos, in broths (miso soups).
– As a seasoning for shellfish, fish or meat.
Choosing Nuwen is:
Resource traceability & encourage the local
Protection of our environment
Innovative solutions to enhance natural materials
Controlled production and maximum quality
Packaging adapted to your sales channels